Monday 31 January 2011

LETS GO FOR A SUNDAY WALK

Yesterday afternoon was dry and bright, just right for a walk from my cottage and down to the beach. I hope you enjoy coming along with me and the dogs.
The picture above is of Covesea beach with Covesea lighthouse far right taken from the cliff path.
Click on pictures to enlarge them


bryan is high up on the cliff side hunting for bank voles, one of his favourite hobbies.

This is a small pebble and rock strewn beach which we visit  at least twice weekly
Mink are often seen hunting in the rock pools.

Once again Bryan is in hunting mode, this time heading towards the rocks to look for mink.
Jarvis follows behind but he prefers rabbits.

Looking  west with an oil rig in the distance as it is towed into the Moray Firth

A flock of curlews take off as we cross my neighbours field

Looking back towards the blue waters of the Moray Firth

Covesea village

Treasures from the sea that I spotted on the beach.

15 comments:

Dragonfly Dreams said...

Whew! I am a bit winded from the walk but it was oh-so-delightful! Thank you for inviting me (and all of us) along to see such beautiful country!

And thanks for stopping by and leaving a delightful comment on my blog!

Sunny said...

What a delightful area you live in and such a lovely place to walk. I have to admit that I miss the ocean, I think it gets into your blood.
We are expecting up to 2 more feet of snow on top of the 3+ feet we already have! Brrr!
I'd love taking that walk with you :)
☼ Sunny

George said...

This is a lovely place for a walk. Thanks for taking us along with you.

happyone said...

It was nice taking a walk with you. :-)

Linda said...

Any cowries on the beach? My grandmother and her sisters used to go cowrie hunting when they lived at Inverugie, outside Hopeman.

Chris said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed the walk. We are indeed lucky to live here.

Linda, I havn't found any cowries on covesea beach but I believe there are still some at Hopeman.

Sunny, I hope you don't get snowed in. We are expecting snow and storm force winds over the next couple of days.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like a fabulous walk at the beach, Chris... I love the beach --and we'll go back to our fav, Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina--in May.

Love that first picture--showing the lighthouse in the distance. Awesome!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Lindy said...

A walk to the beach is a nice diversion from our weather here. Thank you for sharing your trek and gorgeous scenery!

Sorry I've missed a few posts...

Ree said...

Thanks for the walk, and what a wonderful place to walk!

Andrea said...

Wow, that's a very beautiful world you are in, imagine being at the beach 2x/wk! And maybe there are sea creatures on those stony beach that people can watch. Here i found that stony beaches are richer with inhabitants, and i love always watching and photographing them!

Vicki said...

What beautiful photos, the deep colour of the water, the shells, the pebbly shore and of course stars of the show, the doggies!You must have felt invigorated after your walk. Thanks for sharing.
Vickixx

Exchange server hosting said...

Amazing photography!

elena nuez said...

thanks for that beautiful trip, I really enjoyed!!!

Lindy said...

Just popping in to say hello and that I've missed you and your posts.

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.