Sunday 9 January 2011

GOODBYE TO THE GREMLINS ( I HOPE)


I cannot explain why, but my computer decided to play up and I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. I had weeks of frustration and gave up in the end. Today I thought I'd try again and would you believe it, it's behaving (so far). Fingers crossed I'm hoping to share some of the photos I took at Avielochan in the middle of November. This is one of our favourite places to stay at any time of the year. I apologize to you all for not visiting for ages I've missed you all.

You might want to click on the pictures to enlarge them. This is a shot from the cottage on a still frosty morning at around nine o'clock.Looking across the lochan to the Cairngorm mountains.

Typically in Scotland the weather is never the same two days running, this shot was taken the next day in the late afternoon with the low sun reflecting on the mountains.


Birch trees and bracken in glorious russet shades The dogs love this bank which contains a rabbit warren, they have both disappeared over the top after a rabbit with no hope of catching it.

10 comments:

Lindy said...

So glad to see you've returned, Chris, and that it was only computer issues going on. You and your posts have definitely been missed!

The views are gorgeous, as always. Isn't it amazing how the same landscape can look so different according to weather and time of day? =) Your autumn colors are so rich!

Thanks for stopping by to comment about our Sophie. Fingers crossed that your computer plays nice for a good while now.

Wishing you, Greg, Bryan and Jarvis a blessed and happy new year!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Chris, Welcome back. I wondered what had happened... You must have had a beautiful time at Avielochan. What a gorgeous place.
Hugs,
Betsy

D said...

Oh my Chris, I can smell the freshness of the air and the colors are absolutely magnificent. Breathtaking photos, especially number 3.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello. I missed you! We wish you a healthy and happy year filled with many blessings.

George said...

Welcome back -- you've been missed. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures from Avielochan. I can understand why it is a favorite place of yours.

jabblog said...

It's so good to see you again. I wondered where you'd got to.
Beautiful photographs - the colours are just stunning.
Happy New Year and tell your pc to behave itself ;-)

happyone said...

Your photos are all so beautiful. So glad to see you back posting again. You have been missed.

Linda said...

Hello Chris, how nice to see you posting again. I checked your blog over the holidays when we were up in Moray, and was thinking of you and hoping you were okay.

These are goregous shots. I love the russet red of the bracken, especially since everything has been monochrome for some time now.

Pyatshaw said...

Welcome back!
I find that, when the computer plays up, it's often best to switch off(although I do usually muck about for a time trying various "cures"), leave it for a while then try again later and quite often mine has worked after that!

Chris said...

Thank you all for your comments, it's very kind of you all. I am enjoying catching up with all your latest blogs.
Linda. I know what you mean about the monocrome countryside, I think we have had about twelve days since late November without snow and ice. I am so glad we had the holiday at Avielochan just before the bad weather set in.
Happy new year to you all and I will (fingers crossed) keep you updated with "Life on the hill"

Sunny said...

Hi Chris,
Nice to see you back. These images are breathtaking.
☼ Sunny