Tuesday 29 June 2010

WELCOME TO GLASTULLICH

This is where we recently spent a weeks holiday. If you like a fast pace of life this is not the type of holiday you would enjoy. But if you like total peace and quiet, you would love it. The cottage has no electricity. It is heated and lit by gas. No TV, no phone, no mobile signal. no other house for 2 miles.
Click on pictures for more detail
Greg enjoying the view and his book.
This is taken from up the hill at the back of the cottage
Further up the hill and now showing the little barn where the baby owls live, and the sheep pen.


How's this for a view to look out onto from your window?


On this shot taken from the garden you can see the road up to the cottage

One of the visitors that were curious about us.

A herd of deer came by every day, often they jumped the fence and came into the garden. This one I captured at about 10 pm one evening. I'm afraid the flash has caught his eyes and I don't know how to fix it.



12 comments:

jabblog said...

What a marvellous place and how lovely it must have been to get right away from the insistent low hum of all things electrical.

Sunny said...

Oh what a lovely place, so peaceful and quiet.
Thanks for stopping by :)
What a handsome ram, he and Daisy would make quite the couple, haha!
☼ Sunny

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Now THAT is a REAL vacation.... I'd love it.... Did you have any birdies to feed while you were there? I always carry a bag of birdseed with me when we travel/vacation.

The view is fabulous!!!!!! I'm SURE you had a fabulous time.

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

This looks like a perfect vacation spot as far as I'm concerned. The cottage looks comfortable and the view is fantastic. I think I would be joining Greg with a book of my own.

Ree said...

What a wonderful place; the quietness must be amazing.

Chris said...

I thought you would like this lovely place. Betsy, yes I do feed the birds when we are on holiday and in this place they are very tame.

Wullie Fraser said...

Shame about the flash in the dear's eyes, I love the picture above it though! I used to live in the Scottish countryside myself, and these pictures have made me miss it dearly..

Linda said...

Wonderful location. I looked it up, and thought it might be suitable if we accompany our daughter to a music course in Ullapool next year. Mind you, the absence of electricity might not go down well with the teenagers.

We spent a great camping holiday just one loch over, at Badrallach on Little Loch Broom. The night skies were fantastic - I imagine you had the same.

Chris said...

Linda. I imagine teenagers would be lost without TV etc. I can imagine starlight skys down Glen Achall, but of course when we were there it didn't get dark.

Chris said...

Linda. I imagine teenagers would be lost without TV etc. I can imagine starlight skys down Glen Achall, but of course when we were there it didn't get dark.

Lindy said...

Sounds like the perfect holiday location to me. The cottage looks quite welcoming and comfortable, and what's not to enjoy about that jaw-dropping scenery? Wonderful photos, Chris!

Bob Burnett said...

In the 1841 Scotland Census my GGGF and family are listed as residing at Glasslick. Yesterday I spent the day researching this and determined that they were actually here at Glastullich. How wonderful to be able to see this beautiful place some 170 years later.